With the temperatures reaching the higher end of the twenty degrees celsius here in the mediterranean, I’m starting to feel like lighter meals and salads for lunch. Today’s creation was no exception to the healthy eating I’m keeping up (or at least trying to…) and was lovely and refreshing.
- mixed salad leaves, mine included rucola, spinach, field lettuce and more
- 1 tomato, washed and quartered
- 1 portion of mini mozzarella balls, usually 9-10 balls per person
- 1 portion of watermelon (a slice about the size of your fist)
- 1/2 avocado, peeled and deseeded
- for seasoning: pepper, salt, lemon juice, parsley and basil
As most of my recipes, this one is also quick and easy to makeTale, no rocket science needed (rucola, rocket..get it? ok, lame joke, never mind).
Take a deep plate, and mix in your mixed salad leaves. Season well with pepper and salt and toss the leaves properly so all herbs are well mixed. Wash and quarter your tomato, and then half each quarter again. Add to the mixed leaves.
Take the mozzarella balls out of their packaging and drain them properly. Set aside. In mean time peel the avocado and discard the seed. De-seed the watermelon and dice both the watermelon and the avocado. Mix all ingredients together, and sprinkle the fresh basil and parsley over your salad. Enjoy!