I recently found this recipe for “plaattaart” on ChicksLoveFood, and really wanted to try it out. I love veggies and this variant with grilled vegetables and Pesto just looked both easy and amazing. This tasty vegetable puff pastry pie is easy to make, and only uses 5 ingredients or less. It’s quick too, so perfect for when you are really hungry and need something for lunch or dinner. It actually takes only about 25 minutes to make. I tried it with peppers, tomato and zucchini, but feel free to combine zucchini with aubergines or other grilled vegetables as you like! Great combinations could for example be asparagus, green beans and mushrooms. Yummy!
- 1 roll fresh or frozen puff pastry
- 2 -3 tablespoons green or red pesto
- 1 zucchini
- 1 red pepper
- 1 tomato
- 25 g Parmesan (optional) – grated
- seasoning (pepper, salt, Herbes de Provence)
- Preheat the oven on 200degrees C
- Wash your vegetables and slice the zucchini, red pepper and tomato finely
- Heat some olive oil in a grill pan to grill the zucchini for a few minutes so they are fairly soft
- Roll out the puff pasty on a baking tray and spread the pesto over it, leaving a 1 -2cm edge free
- Spread the vegetables over the pie and roll over the edges of the puff pastry
- Sprinkle some olive oil over the veggies and season with salt, pepper and Herbes de Provence.
- Bake the pie for about 15- 20 minutes in the oven, or as advised on the packaging
- Grate the cheese, and once the pie is cooked, sprinkle the cheese right before serving