A lovely soup that gets it’s rich creamy texture from pureed sweet potato and carrots, perfect for cold winter evenings!
- butter for frying
- 1 small clove of garlic, cut finely
- 100 gr shallot, peeled and cut finely
- 600 gr sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 250 gr peeled and cubed carrots
- 1 pinch curry powder
- 1/2 tablespoon grated ginger
- 3/4 liter chicken broth
- pepper & salt for seasoning
Heat some butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and shallots; fry for 3 minutes or until tender. Add potato, carrots, ginger and curry and cook for another 2 minutes. Then poor in the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Cover the saucepan and also reduce heat so the soup can simmer for approx. 25 minutes until all your veggies are tender. Season with pepper and salt.
Take the pot of soup of the heat and use a stick blender to blend the chunks of vegetables till smooth. Serve and enjoy!
For extra creaminess, you can add on a dollop of cream and some parsley on top, Enjoy!