I was just on Apartment Therapy and stranded on a post to remove stickers and labels from glass bottles or jars. Often small jars from pastes or mustard, or pretty glass bottles are given a second life in my home. Just getting the label off can be tricky sometimes!
Curious as I am, I took a look to see the other suggestions to remove that sticky stuff that remains, after you peel off a price tag or a label. I find it quite annoying if there is glue leftover on my jar or bottles!
Here I`ve collected 8 ways to remove that residue for you in second:
- Olive oil – If you rub a few drops of oil over the sticky residue and let it sit for a few seconds, you can scrape the remainder right off.
- Sticky tape seems to work too – peel off the label and apply sticky tape to the glue residue only. Rip off and repeat where necessary
- Nail polish remover – personal favourite- it will take that sticky stuff right off, including paper label leftovers you cannot peel off
- Soak bottle or jar in water – works like a charm too if you make it hot water
- Petroleum Jelly such as Vaseline
- Essential oils like Eucalyptus or Tea Tree oil, plus it smells yummy
- Coconut oil and baking soda paste (idea from Life Hacker)
- Mayonnaise (idea from Fix It Home Improvement Channel on YouTube)
- De-Solv-It Sticky Stuff Adhesive Remover
Do you know any other ways to remove leftover sticker or label residue? Hope to hear you soon!